Ahh Spinach. Some people love it and others can’t stand it. So how do you make it delicious so the entire family will eat it? Add cheese and bacon of course! Here’s a quick and simple recipe on taking fresh spinach and turning it into a great side that’s packed with vitamins. I usually compliment this side with beef as the main dish, but whatever your tastebuds desire. Just remember, if you don’t taste the bacon in it, you are doing it wrong. 😛
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the oil and butter.
- Mix in the onion and garlic and let it cook for 2-3, or until the onion begins to turn translucent.
- Add the bacon to the pan, and then pour the bag of spinach in. Cover the skillet and let it cook for 2-3 minutes, just until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Mix in the two cheeses and cream. Stir until the cheese has dissolved.
- Add salt and pepper and the lightly sprinkle the top with a bit of nutmeg.
1 Small Organic Onion, Diced
1-2 Cloves of Organic Garlic, Minced
1 Bag of Organic Spinach
2 Tablespoons of Real Bacon Bits
2 Tablespoons of Grated Parmesan
1/4 Cup of Cream Cheese
1/4 Cup of Heavy Cream
Dash of Nutmeg
Salt and Pepper
1-2 Tablespoons of Butter
1/2 Tablespoon of Olive Oil