Let me first say that these are awesome and there are multiple ways to make it. Simply put, when I’m in the mood to snack on peanuts, I’ll be making a batch. The savory bourbon flavor combined with the sweet spice of Sriracha puts a different view on the traditional honey roasted or salted peanuts.
Looking for an added kick, instead of using an oven, go throw these on your grill for some rich smokiness.
- Preheat the oven to 300°.
- In a medium pot, mix the bourbon, peanuts, sriracha and sugar. Heat the mixture for 5 minutes, allowing the sugar to dissolve.
- Using a sheet pan and either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, spread the peanut mixture into a single layer on the pan. Lightly sprinkle the mix with sea salt, but remember that Sriracha already has added salt.
- Cook the peanuts for 20 minutes. Remove the pan, stir the mixture and cook it for another 15-20 minutes. You are looking for a golden brown finish.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool. Stir the peanuts a couple times during the cooling process to avoid the mix from turning into brittle.
16 Ounces of Peanuts
1/3 cup of your favorite Bourbon Whiskey
1-1/2 cups of Sugar (more if you prefer sweeter)
1/4 cup of Sriracha